Do you have a passion for technology, movies and music?
Then a career at Suess Electronics is for you! We’re one of Wisconsin’s oldest independent electronics retailers, specializing in high-end audio, home theater, smart home automation and more! We’re a family-owned company serving Wisconsin for well over sixty years, building our business on personal, expert service. We sell only the best brands and products, and stand behind them with one of the only Master Service Centers remaining in the state! If you’re looking for a great work environment and take pride in helping people enjoy their music and movies in the best way possible, you’re in the right place!
Sales Associate (Posted June 2021)
Put your passion for technology, music, and movies to work with a new, rewarding sales career!
During these uncertain times where more of us are staying at home, our living rooms are becoming our movie theaters and concert venues. The market for home entertainment products like home theaters, stereo systems and smart home automation is red hot. Now is your opportunity to discover an exciting new career in audio/video sales!
Suess Electronics in Appleton has immediate openings for additional sales associates for our store. This position can be full-time or part-time with flexible hours.
This is an outstanding opportunity with very competitive hourly pay.
- Selling TV’s, stereo systems, and smart home automation
- Helping customers with operation and connection issues
- Promoting new products and technologies
- Maintaining showroom systems and displays
A successful candidate should have:
- Previous sales experience (audio, video, or electronics industry experience would be a definite plus, but not required)
- A passion for music and movies
- A professional image
- A positive attitude
- Great listening and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills are important as well.
Send us your resume today!
Audio / Video Repair Technician (Posted June 2021)
Electronics are becoming more and more disposable. At Suess Electronics in Appleton, we have remained one of the rare local businesses to maintain a factory-authorized Master Service Center. Our seasoned experts handle all manner of residential and commercial A/V technology – including TVs, projectors, and audio equipment.
We are on the lookout for one or more qualified electronics repair technicians who will carry on our legacy of expert warranty and non-warranty service. Are you ready to put your expertise to work for a respected, locally-owned company, laying the groundwork for a successful, rewarding career?
At Suess Electronics, you will get to work with great people and enjoy excellent pay and a full benefits package. The position can be full-time or part-time and pay can be structured on an hourly or commission basis.
Responsibilities Include (But Not Limited To):
- Managing the intake and output of repair inventory.
- Troubleshooting high-end home audio equipment, video equipment, or both, and communicating the scope and cost of repairs with customers.
- Performing all necessary testing and repairs, both in the shop and on-site at customers’ premises.
- Maintaining accurate repair documentation and your own service department schedule.
- Staying up-to-date with manufacturer best practices and guidelines.
- Assist with warehouse receiving operations and other tasks as needed.
- A strong passion for technology, especially audio and video.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting, soldering, and electronics repair at the board-level.
- Ability to read schematics and operate various measuring equipment related to electronics.
- Experience working with and repairing high-end brands including McIntosh, Sony, Samsung, Bowers & Wilkins, Paradigm and others a definite plus!
- Perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- A detail-oriented, self-starter work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
- A positive attitude.
- A valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- High school education (or equivalent).
- Possess basic computer skills.
- The ability to periodically lift up to 70 pounds and spend hours standing, sitting, and/or walking during a normal day.
About Suess Electronics:
Suess Electronics is Northeast Wisconsin’s premier independent electronics dealer, proudly serving residential and commercial customers for 70 years!
In August 1951, WWII veteran Joseph Suess began Suess Electronics with the promise to provide the best in sales, installation and service. The Company quickly established a loyal following with residents of Northeast Wisconsin by installing and servicing thousands of televisions, antennas, console phonographs and radios.
Suess Electronics established its leadership role by offering the latest in Consumer Electronics Technology. We introduced stereo to Northeast Wisconsin in the 1960’s, large screen television in the 1970’s and home theater in the 1980’s. In the 1990’s Suess Electronics established its well-known Custom Electronics division, offering built-in solutions for both Residential and Commercial applications.
In 2004, Suess Electronics moved to its present 33,000 square foot facility on Wisconsin Ave in Appleton. Suess Electronics continues to be a family-owned business providing a great place to work!